Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Day

February 12, 2008 by daufuskiedreaming
It seems somehow ironic that I would title this blog, Daufuskiedreaming at this particular time in my journey. This last weekend I have had to make the decision to let our house go…a very painful decision it is! Over the years that we have been married we have lived in about 30 or so places so you have to figure we haven’t spent many years in one place…or a very short time in many places! I guess that would work too. Anyway, we have spent the most years on Daufuskie…little people have spent all their known years there since it has been almost 12 years now. Whew, hard to believe! Especially since I barely walked on the beach at all…spent most of my time going back and forth to work on Hilton Head. Always thought if I just could hold out long enough I would finally have a chance to relax and enjoy. But apparently that is not the plan the Lord has for me and our little Daufuskie cottage. As you can probably tell, this is a tough one for me. But everything has to have an end and I guess this is going to be the one for this part of the journey. I can still dream though…and I will! And I will hopefully continue to fill this site with journeys along the way. More later.

No comments: