Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Long time away

I have been a long time away from this blog. I have found it so much more fun living vicariously through many others and their amazing blogs! But I have decided that I want to at least make a stab at this again. Last time I wrote I said that we had made the decision to let our house on Daufuskie go. I have to admit that in fact a head decision was made at that time, but I am still struggling with the heart decision. Over and over I hear the Lord, through my bible study passages, (Matt. 19:16) through songs at church, through music on the radio and through the Word. He says "let it go" over and over, and over and over I do. It's just that I take it back over and over as well!
While this last 8 months has been a struggle, with moving here to Atlanta living in Karl's house, then having to find a new apt. within 10 days; my job has been long, hard, and a constant need for prayer; Leo's health trying to be stabilized. But still, God has shown Himself strong through it all! And then some.
There are promises for those who give up things for "the Lord's sake" and it truly wasn't for my own sake, so I guess we must just wait to see the glory!
Little by little God reveals more and more of His plan to us and I just need to relax and hang on as tight as I can to Him!
More later...

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I've so enjoyed getting reconnected with Erika since we've moved to Florence and am looking forward to meeting you next weekend.